FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Wednesday, 26 December 2012

DAILY APPAREL: CHRISTMAS ROUND-UP & I HAVE NEWS!





Leather Jacket: Owain, Allsaints (similar here) - Jumper: Limited Edition Collection, Marks & Spencer (similar here) - Shirt: H&M Trend (similar here) - Jeans: Verne Ashby, Allsaints (here) - Boots: Hobo, Allsaints (similar here) - Bag: DKNY (similar here) - IPhone case: Marc Jacobs (similar here) 

This is Sunday's outfit, worn for shopping & gossiping in Manchester with my best pal, Miss Danielle Burkey. I took these pics while taking a break from sale browsing in Reiss, I think the mirrored room made for some pretty rad shots, uber fashion-cool. It was relatively mild and so I decided to wear my trusty Allsaints, Owain Leather Jacket with winter layers. My jumper is from the Limited Edition Collection at Marks & Spencer. I think I've mentioned it before to be honest, it was around £35 and is a gorgeous mix of soft wool yarns and weaves. I really like the dynamic of the over-size shirt underneath, it gives a cool preppy/androgynous vibe, which I am eternally seeking. Teamed with my Allsaints Verne Ashby's, which can be relied on to look adequately rock'n'roll when ever pulled from my wardrobe and my lace-up brogue boots, also Allsaints (of course). 

I love Manchester, it's such a cool, cosmopolitan city, brimming with culture and identity. Visiting Danielle is always a complete delight, since graduation and the departure from our university house, we try to talk at least every 2 weeks and meet-up whenever we can. Obviously as we're separated by the significant land mass that are the Pennines, hanging out isn't as easy as it once was. A 4 hour round-trip is significantly different from crossing the hallway and bursting into each-others rooms, but honestly it's a test of a great friendship. We treasure the time spent together and utter around 10 words per second. Speed talking is a talent developed over years of avoiding disapproving looks from Branding lecturers as they turned to the 100th slide in their presentation. I do not lie, branding is evidently a subject without exhaustible definition. We ate at The Alchemist, where the imagination quite literally runs wild, I mean my meal was delivered in a wire basket resembling a chicken, amazing. Definitely worth a visit for those of you in the vicinity.


Leather Jacket: Owain, Allsaints (similar here) - Grey Marl Boy Tee: Topshop (here) - Jeans: Jamie, Topshop (similar here) - Boots: Hessian, Allsaints (here) - Vintage Fur Collar - Vintage Wool Check Scarf (similar here) - Bag: Mitzy Tote, Mulberry (here)

This is today's selection for sale shopping with the Mother. Honestly I expected pandemonium when I stepped onto Briggate this morning, yet town (Leeds) seemed relatively quiet. With the exceptions of Topshop, which was brimming with kids in bottom-eating denim shorts, tights & Vans (seriously, this is NOT a winning look guys) and Office that resembled hell on earth, we had a pretty stress-free shopping experience. However I will admit, hot-spots such as Next and Zara were avoided like the plague, in the words of my fair Mother, "I would rather chew off my own arm than fight for a £10 saving on last seasons fashion". Today's task was to start assembling a work-wardrobe for my snazzy new job in Marketing... Yes, kids, I have a new job and I am in constant state of awe, wonder, shock and gratitude. On the 7th January 2012, I''ll be joining Savvy Marketing as an Account Executive and I am blooming ecstatic. Savvy is a truly amazing agency with some fantastic clients, so as you can imagine I'm eagerly awaiting my start, I will no doubt be mentioning my work in future posts, so watch out. On the apparel-front, I picked up a darling Topshop checked red kilt skirt, perfect with a Breton or Khaki shirt. The most amazing and bargainous Paul Smith Black Label tee from Harvey Nichols, a Boucle wool with Leather-trim dress from H&M and 2 pair of Marks & Spencer Autograph shoes, a pair of Blue Suede Chain-detail Courts and a pair of Blacked Fringed Leather Loafers. I also found a gorgeous Reiss Leather skirt on Ebay the other day which is winging it's way to me. I picture my work-wardrobe as a mix of slick tailoring, edgey designs and cool luxury basics, preferably paired with shoes I can walk in and dresses that don't starve my brain of oxygen and therefore promote free-thinking. That sounds about right, doesn't it?

Style wise, the only remarkable piece of today's look was my collar/scarf pairing. I recently saw a post where Lily of LLYMLRS layered a wool checked scarf underneath a coat for a different, yet toasty look and decided to give it ago. I also wore my brown Fur collar, which is a great shape and makes me free very Marianne Faithfull. I love the retro-hippy vibe Fur collars give and the fact you can style-up different pieces to create new looks without constantly having to reinvest in outerwear-real estate. Something so not my style.

Music today, comes from the idol that is Jarvis Cocker, a man who holds a special place in my heart. His ironic and endearing verses are terribly cynical and un-effectively cool and I'm a sucker for his monotone vocals. I Never Said I Was Deep, is taken from the 2009 album, Further Complications. Seriously buy it now clever people, it's cultural gold.

Jarvis Cocker - I Never Said I Was Deep, Further Complications (2009) 

L.





2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! congrats on the new job.
    Hope you had a lovely christmas.
    x
    http://dresseddamsel.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, your comments are always lovely. Ditto on the xmas front, hope Santa was good to you :)

    L.

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow