FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Thursday, 29 November 2012

DAILY APPAREL.






Denim shirt: Allsaints (similar Levi one) - Jersey dress: COS (similar here) - Boots: River Island (similar here) - Hat: Primark - Scarf: Allsaints, Menswear (here) - Bag: DKNY (similar here) - Watch: Folli Follie (here)

Something is detrimentally wrong with this blog... the fact that it's mainly devoid of self-indulgent, face-centered imagery? Nope. A shockingly sarcastic tone of voice? Well yes, but keep going. Zero posts in the fine month of November? You've got it buster!

Right kids, this sh*t's just not gonna fly, hence today's information-rich, super-update, "HERE'S JOHNNY" style blog post.

It's shockingly cold outside, specifically blooming arctic, establishing the requirement for woolly bobble hats, extra-large knickers (because tiny pieces of lace do nothing for frost-bite), and acres of knitted scarf. Yorkshire, land of the free, blessed and particularly frozen. However, positives of winter weather, greasy, fly-away hair can be concealed by chunky, Noddy-style hats, ghostly pale legs are masked by tights and rather-large lunches are never a problem when the world's largest knitted scarf is at hand. Also my reasoning a positively harsh winter requires some sturdy new boots, is ever present and acquiring. Check out these bad boys. Similar and in my opinion prettier than the Topshop Alvin Boots, I really like the pointed Cowboy-style shape and chunky cuban heel, also scored in the sale for a bargainous £53.95 (including P&P), who couldn't adore these Chloe-copies.

In other news my move to the York concession within Fenwicks (I'm a Floor Manger at Allsaints), is going well. The traveling is long and sometimes very irritating, I have to rise before the sun and my Starbucks addiction is becoming seriously bank-balance damaging. On the other hand, York is actually an extremely pretty city, which holds a striking resemblance to Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley and so is quite magical. Also I'm starting to get rather attached to the lovely people of Fenwicks, especially the residents of the delivery dock and the eternally-young Wallis ladies.

Cultural developments include my near-completion of the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson, a testament of modern literature at it's finest. I have around twenty pages remaining, which I plan to savor. I challenge anyone not to be entirely gripped by the adventures of mathematical genius/woman of steel, Lisbeth Salander and the eternally tenacious investigative journalist, Mikael Blomkvist. I also caught MTV World Stage: The Black Keys live from New York on MTV Rocks, which was amazing and prompted a week of continual BK listening. I find Brothers is an album best suited to treadmill pursuits while El Camino can be enjoyed to it's full on public transport. Aside from the Keys, I've been listening to a lot of vintage Kanye, Jesse Ware, Frank Ocean, Bob Dylan & Little Comets. My delightful companion, TMozza also introduced me to the wonderful world of Kindness, who are well worth a listen. House is a stella track, check them out. On a more culturally-commercial note, I am eagerly awaiting the moment when my sister finally relents and agrees to accompany me to see Breaking Dawn part 2. Yes I am a 22 year old educated woman, and yes I am dying to watch Robert Patterson in all his vampiric-finest and Kristen Stewart attempt to portray any other emotional than awkward distance. My initial efforts at bribery have failed to bear fruit, however it's payday tomorrow and so I plan to up the ante. My sister is nothing if not shockingly-savvy.

Today's musical offering comes from Bob Dylan. Undoubtedly a figure of eternal cool, talent and modernity. I love how rock'n'roll this track is, a ridiculously satisfying concoction of heavy guitar rifts, superior song-writing and Dylan's gravely tones.

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited (1965)

L.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow