FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

DAILY APPAREL.




Jacket: Owain, Allsaints
Breton: Menswear piece, Allsaints
Wool mini-skirt: Cos
Letter charm necklace: Primark
Boots: Hessian, Allsaints
Bag: DKNY

Over the last 4 days, I've worked approximately 45 hours, spent a dramatically lower number sleeping, consumed extraordinary quantities of Halloween cupcakes, Salt and Vinegar crisps, toasties, Maoam chews and other general sweet treats and closed down my Allsaints store. Needless to say I'm pretty pooped. Consequently, the post you now read, originally destined for publication on Friday evening, only today goes live.

I will spare you guys my random exhausted ramblings, as I'm planning a catch-up post for tomorrow (and quite frankly the longer I stare at this screen, the worse my spelling gets), so here's the basic deets accompany this OOTD post. I wore this look for Thursday night food & drinks with the Allsaints gang, we went to the Cattle Grid, Assembly Street (next to the Corn Exchange) Leeds, and ate great slabs of perfectly seared fillet steak, double-fried chips and green peppercorn sauce, washed down with several strawberry and lime ciders. YUM. Following the standard formula of minimal, cool basics teamed with excellent pieces of leather, footwear and accessories. I feel the burgundy wool body-con skirt and boyish Breton was a stellar combination, very Parisian-chic. However post-steak my bag did become somewhat of a tummy concealer. There's only so much meat my munchkin stomach can process. Attractive. Possibly a reason fashion people aren't known patrons of steak-houses, their loss, because quite frankly who doesn't love a mammoth feeding every once in a while!

And for today's track. K West & Jay Z, Clique, such a killer beat. Taken from the 'Kanye West Presents Good Music Cruel Summer' album, Clique is pure essential hip-hop excellence. Too frikin' good. Amazing. 

Kanye West, Jay Z, Big Sean - Clique (2012)

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow