FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Monday, 3 September 2012

DAILY APPAREL: THIS IS MY FACE.


Shirt: Primark
Jeans: Jamie, Topshop
Lipstick: Sephora

Today we shall do it differently, as my rather lazy attempt at style resulted in donning this rather lovely lace appliqued shirt and a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a full length style shot seemed somewhat redundant. The look was as one might say, top-heavy hence these quick, terribly arty head-shots. Now I was never one of those silly girls who enjoyed taking pose-y self-portraits shots of themselves, only to then post these glorious images on Facebook in an album devoted to the sole purpose of self-promotion and vanity. I have a funny face and do not revel in imagery that captures these delights. But here I am a fashion blogger and photography is a must.

Now beauty blogging really isn't my bag, this may have something to do with the fact as a whole I'm not entirely concerned with make-up/hair/that kind of shizz. I have three simple rules when it comes to beauty, I want my hair shiny and healthy, I want to wear as little makeup as socially acceptable and I want to be subtly tanned all year round. This is no doubt a reactionary tactic developed from a childhood riddled with competitive sport, exhausting gym sessions and a love of boyish pursuits. When other girls were experimenting with pearly pink lip-glosses and bejeweled hair-clips, I was competing in the British Young Athletes meets, or running cross-country, or captaining my schools gym squad... ya get where I'm going with this? I feel like background is relevant when explaining the style of today's post.

Now, as previously outlined I'm not a fan of troweling on the slap, powders, high-lighers and pore-minimising creams are not for me, I do however enjoy a pop of colour in the floor of a good lippy. The one I wore today is from Sephora and it's a complete delight. I originally discovered Sephora on a trip to Paris with my besties during my second year of university and was quite literally bowled over by the amazing-ness of it all. For those of your who don't know, Sephora is a French chain of beauty stores, that play host to the most impressive list of brands, from high-fashion to scientific skincare. Imagine a shop were every beauty need is met, you want innovative designer products, check, but you also want quality, very affordable beauty essentials, check. It literally has it all. This lipstick is from their brilliant own-brand section, where the choice is insanely wide and the quality fantastic. Since my first purchase, I have had 3 of these lipsticks and still adore the colour, some 3 years on.

Aside from the rather fabulous lippy, I wear Soap & Glory foundation and concealer (I work hard and find dark circles tough to shift), a Collection 200 peach bronzer, Bobbi Brown blush and Lancome Mascara. That is it. It really is the future, while it means I tend to avoid experimentation, I can be ready in 20 mins flat, day or night which is always a plus in my book. Honestly I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to beauty, I can honestly take or leave make-up. During my final weeks of university it was a shock if I wore any make-up at all, let alone straightened my hair. Keeping things natural is quick and easy and if you invest in good skin and haircare, it can looks pretty amazing. While on the subject of skincare, I use Estee Lauder Day Wear moisturiser and Liz Earle cleaning and toning products. They aren't cheap, but can you really put a price on clear, fresh skin? Na, I don't think so. As previously mentioned I use the VO5 Adaptive Haircare Technology Shampoos and Conditioners, then apply Matrix Exquisite Oil and scrunch dry my hair.

Well that's my beauty regime explained, nothing particularly ground-breaking or overly modern, just simple, quality products I trust and work for me. That's it kids.

L.

1 comment:

  1. I love your lace applique top!

    http://cashmereandcrimson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow