FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Wednesday, 29 August 2012

DAILY APPAREL.

Rock'n'roll and all things cool.

Vintage indie music is a particular passion of mine. Combined with the snappy brand of fashion it inspires, edgy, iconic and provocative, fashion and music sit hand-in-hand in an arena of creative innovation.

Today the weather was rather grim, deterring me from my original style choices of boucle wool shorts and a crisp white shirt. It's time like these when I reach for a pair of Topshop skinnies and one of my many luxury basics. Sprinkled with some jazzy neck-candy and blood-red lips, here's today's ensemble.

Now here's where I get all Art-Attack-excited and talk about my DIY rock tee creation. I found the Robert Smith t-shirt transfer on eBay, grabbed a plain white boy-tee, hacked off the sleeves and brought out the iron. It was ├╝ber simple, although I think it's wise to mention that these kind of transfers don't wash very well and can become slightly cracked and tatty through wear, however I think this adds to the cool vintage look. My necklace is quite an old Primark special, at the time it was a copy of some D&G jewels I was particularly enamoured with. I love the chunkyness and weight behind the piece, the rich golds, ivories and jet blacks are gorgeously decadent. My Topshop Jamie jeans in washed indigo and vintage lace-up booties complete the look.

Band tee: My own production
Jeans: Topshop
Boots: Vintage
Necklace: Primark
Watch & bracelets as before

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow