FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

DAILY APPAREL.

Adventures in 'the rainy city' (i.e Manchester) were the aim of the game today. Task, seek BFF Miss Danielle Burkey and dine over a fruitful conversation of gossip, news and 'oh my god, really?'. It was amazing.

Today's look was developed when sunshine was streaming through my bedroom windows at approximately 8am, it was however not expectant of the torrent of rainfall that followed. I ask you this, what the be-Jesus ever happened to summer? Shocking behaviour. I wanted to test-drive my new Levi's shorts I purchased last Friday, which I teamed with a sheer black shirt, gold pendant, rings and Converse pumps with the cool two-tone tongues. Finished with ultimate accessory the Mulberry Bayswater in Conker and boucle wool Chanel-esque jacket from H&M. I cannot tell you how short these shorts felt, I was highly suspicious my bottom was attempting to eat the denim at more than one point during the day. Strangely not an attractive concept. Anyways aside from the arse-eating-shorts sitch, I really liked today's look. My legs seemed to look amazingly long and slim, and the high-waisted element of the shorts kept the look quite cool and sophisticated rather than looking tacky with a hipster cut and on-show midriff (yes I just said midriff, leave me be I'm getting old). I cannot abide these bottom-bearing hot-pants the kids seem to be wearing today, I think they look so trashy and inappropriate so my vintage cut-offs are good alternative to the I-can-see-what-you-ate-for-breakfast denim shorts.

Re-reading that last paragraph I seem terribly old but guys I'm 22 and that shit just ain't gonna fly once you pass into post-university/get-a-life territory. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Jacket, shirt & pendant: H&M
Shorts: Vintage Levi's, Best Vintage Leeds
Rings: Primark & Topshop
Pumps: Converse
Bag: Mulberry


L.

1 comment:

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow