FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Friday, 3 August 2012

DAILY APPAREL.

Today I had planned to wear a pillar-box red shift dress and khaki army jacket, bare legs & gladiator sandals, however the weather was against me, stormy skies & chilly downpours forced a warmer ensemble.

I was desperate to hit the town today and do some serious purchasing, an early start was essential, as was a roomy tote bag and sensible shoes. See I'm a clever shopper. Ever the mature purchaser.

Today's look is quite sharp and structured. I love androgynous style that doesn't necessarily follow trends but just looks eternally cool, this is an ethos I have always applied to my style. I have said it an infinite amount of times previously but simplicity really is key.

Comprising of my (worn-to-death) Allsaints waxed cropped Ashby Jeans, caged gladiator sandals, boxy mustard jacket and a crisp with shirt, this look is all about minimal tailoring and glossy neck-candy. Paired with a Topshop cross chain, I added a vintage gold and black Baroque-style broach to the collar of my shirt. I like the chic, Victorian feel of collar broaches, they seem to work so well with crisp tailored shirts. I think the mix of monochrome shades of black and white fused with the explosive pop of colour, provided by the jacket, is such a strong visual look. I completed todays ensemble with my jet black Ceramic and Rose Gold Folli Follie watch, pandora plaited leather bracelet and DKNY satchel and dishevelled glossy curls.

So, what do you guys think?

Jacket: H&M
Shirt: H&M
Jeans: Serre Cropped Ashbys, Allsaints
Sandals: H&M
Broach: Vintage
Cross chain: Topshop
Rings: Topshop

L.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this look. Very cute jacket.
    x
    http://dresseddamsel.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog through the IFB forum, and am now following you - great blog! If you'd like to follow me back, my blog is http://www.lalamamma.blogspot.com.

    PS, that yellow blazer is serious TO DIE FOR. Period.

    Thanks, and happy blogging!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow