FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Tuesday, 17 July 2012

WORK APPAREL.




DENIM SHIRT: BAN, ALLSAINTS
TEE: EVOSO SS, ALLSAINTS
JEANS: SERRE CROPPED ASHBYS, ALLSAINTS
HEELS: (I'VE FORGOTTEN THEIR NAME :s), ALLSAINTS
WATCH: FOLLI FOLLIE
RING: TOPSHOP
BAG: DKNY

TODAY WAS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS.

BLEAK, NEITHER HOT OR COLD AND SEVERELY DAMP. IT IS ON MORNINGS SUCH AS THESE I RESIST THE STRAIGHTENERS, PILE ON THE LAYERS AND ATTEMPT TO MASTER CAS-CHIC (CASUAL CHIC, I'M TOTES ABOUT THE ABREVS). RICH COTTON BOY-TEE, CROPPED WAXED SKINNIES AND FITTED DENIM SHIRT. LOOK ACHIEVED.


MY SISTER HAD THIS SHIRT FIRST, AND YESTERDAY I SUB CAME TO THE TEMPTATION AND ALSO INVESTED. I LIKE THE ANDROGYNOUS CUT OF THIS SHIRT, WE (ALLSAINTS) DID A VERY SIMILAR ONE IN MENSWEAR, WHICH I ALSO LOVED. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION THE PEARLY BUTTONS AND DIRTY INDIGO WASH ADD A COOL, QUIETLY STYLISH EDGE. SOMETHING MOST WELCOME IN MY BOOK OF STYLE. IT'S A PRETTY VERSATILE PIECE, WORN AS A SHIRT OPEN OR BUTTONED UP, OR AS A JACKET. I PLAN TO LAYER IT UNDER MY LEATHER & CAMO JACKETS. WE DO AFTER ALL RESIDE IN THE UK, WHERE RAIN IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE WEATHER CONDITION. 

AND THEN WE COME TO THE SHOES. PRETTY DARN CUTE, I DARE SAY YOU'LL AGREE? PART OF THE S/S 11 ALLSAINTS COLLECTION, THE LEATHER IS SCORED AND LASER-CUT TO RESEMBLE SNAKE SKIN. A MIX OF GORGEOUS EARTHY TONES AND CHOCOLATE  HUES, THESE BEAUTIES ARE TIMELESS. FURTHER REINFORCING MY AFFECTION FOR THESE LITTLE WONDERS OF FOOTWEAR, THEY'RE STRANGELY COMFORTABLE. I MEAN IT, 8 HOURS OF HARD-CORE RAVING/BUSY STORE MANAGEMENT IS RELATIVELY PAIN-FREE. QUITE AN ACHIEVEMENT FOR A 5 INCH STRAPPY SANDAL.

FINALLY, BEFORE ANYONE BEGINS TO ENVISAGE A SAVVY YOUNG PROFESSIONAL DASHING ABOUT IN 5 INCH HEELS, MANAGING A STORE AND GENERALLY DELIVERING RETAIL-BLISS. IT IS IMPORTANT TO POINT OUT A PAIR OF NUDE BALLET PUMPS ARE NEVER FAR FROM THE SCENE, BECAUSE REALLY WHO ARE THESE WOMAN THAT SPEND THEIR LIVES IN HEELS? I'M A PUMPS ON THE FEET, HEELS IN THE CANVAS TOTE KINDA GIRL. YA'KNOW LADIES?

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow