FASHION. MUSIC. BRUTAL HONESTY.

Friday, 13 July 2012

ACCEPTABLE READING.

THE BOOK

THIS IS A BOOK OF SUBSTANCE. OF STYLE AND SUBSTANCE. A RARE THING INDEED.

COMPILED & EDITED BY JOHN SIMS, CHARTER OF ALL THING COOL, HIP AND STYLISHLY RELEVANT, ICONS OF MEN'S STYLE CHARTS THE ORIGINS OF MEN'S FASHION. REFERENCING DESIGNERS, TRENDS AND ICONS, A BIBLE OF MASCULINE ELEGANCE AND TIMELESS STYLE.

AS COMPANIONS WILL ALREADY KNOW, I'M SLIGHTLY INFATUATED WITH THE WORLD OF MEN'S FASHION. INFATUATED AND ENTIRELY INFORMED, ASK ME ANYTHING, FROM SAVILE ROW TO BRIGHTON BEACH, IN THE WORDS OF THE BLACK KEYS (LOVE), "I'M YOUR MAN".

I FOUND THIS BOOK WHILE DEVELOPING MY MENSWEAR BRAND, THE FELLOW, FOR MY FINAL MAJOR PROJECT AT UNIVERSITY, AND SINCE IT'S ARRIVAL I HAVEN'T GONE 3 DAYS WITHOUT A FLICK THROUGH. THE PHOTOGRAPHY IS QUAINTLY RETRO, INSPIRING AND KIND OF RIDICULOUSLY COOL. FOR THOSE WITHOUT A COPY, PURCHASE NOW, THOSE OF YOU WITH A COPY, I SALUTE YOU FELLOW CONNOISSEUR.











STEVE MCQUEEN, GREGORY PECK, FRED ASTAIRE, JOHN LENNON. MEN OF GREATNESS.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's have a chat, get all wordy and generally comment away. I can't wait to hear your comment and thoughts. Follow me on GFC and Bloglovin

L.

p.s. don't forget to leave your blog URL's, there's nothing more exciting than discovering another super rad blog to follow